Saturday 30 May 2015

Pre op diet and daily weigh ins

My liver shrinking/pre op diet started on May 26th. I didn't drink any alcohol the day before and have been sticking to the diet rigidly. I wish I could stop myself from weighing everyday but I use it as some sort of marker to know if I am doing things right. 

As I do enjoy a couple of drinks every evening (plus weekend partying) I am totally paranoid that my liver is twice the size of everyone else's. I've researched liver cleansing foods and am trying to include plenty of those and I am keeping my fingers firmly crossed. 

I know from previous diets that water is key. It's an absolutely must for flushing through and speeding the process up so I am desperately glugging 2-3 litres of the stuff to try and help me. 

So far with 5 days completed I am 7lbs down. Fingers crossed my liver is doing what it needs to 

1 comment: